Saturday, September 4, 2010

Abbey Road

I'd like to talk about Abbey Road. You should all know what this is, if you don't I weep for your Beatleless existence.  Abbey Road is not my favourite album nor does it contain my favorite song that honour goes to Let It Be and Across the Universe. It is however the best put together album. 


Abbey Road should always be listened to in order. Before the invention of MP3's people listened to music on records, you couldn't skip and you couldn't shuffle. Because of this the best albums would organize their albums so that they play together smoothly. 


The first 10 songs sound pleasant together. The seamless transitions start Sun King changes to Mean Mr. Mustard then Polytheme Pam whose last cords run marvelously into She Came In Though The Bathroom Window. Then comes Golden Slumber and Carry the Weight which might as well be the same song.


You should have abbey road in your tunes right now, (if you don't i suggest you get it). Take this opportunity to listen through it again, from beginning to end. 


Enjoy!


Minerva

1 comment:

  1. My favourite Beatles album is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. But after that it is a toss-up between Abbey Road and Revolver. Revolver was the first album I got, and also one of the albums I have on LP. Shame I don't actually have a record player for my lovely Beatles LPs.

    ReplyDelete